Commencement & Baccalaureate Information for Spring 2017
Sunday, May 14 | Baccalaureate (Chapel of the Holy Trinity) 11am
Sunday, May 14 | Commencement (Concordia Field House) 2pm
All graduating students are welcome to participate in our Spring commencement ceremony as we do not offer a Winter commencement. If you have any questions please contact Corinne Kuclo.
- Undergraduate & Graduate Students- All caps, gowns, hoods and tassels will be ordered directly through Jostens. To order online click here!
- The deadline for ordering your regalia online is Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
- Under graduate Students regalia will be available for pick up in the Academic Office in early May.
- Graduate Students regalia will be directly mailed to you. When they arrive, remove them immediately to make sure everything is present and hang up your gown to undo any wrinkling.
Additional Graduation Products
- Class rings
- Diploma frames
- Graduation Announcements
Commencement PhotographyPhotography Information coming soon.
A live webcast will be available during the commencement ceremony for those that cannot attend in person. It will begin five minutes before the start of the event. Watch the live stream right here!
Baccalaureate/ Commencement Information
Baccalaureate - Sunday, May 14, 2016 at 11:00 am in the Chapel of the Holy Trinity (approx. 1 hr.)
This service offers all students (Graduates & Undergraduates) the opportunity to end their college tenure in a worship setting. Family and friends are encouraged to attend. Students, family, & friends are requested to RSVP by April 5, 2016 to email@example.com. “Reminder” emails have been sent to all “walking” graduates, indicating the RSVP deadline. You may also RSVP through the Academic Office (734-995-7586) by April 5, 2016. Graduates & faculty will wear academic regalia for this service.
Baccalaureate Luncheon, 12:00 – 1:30 pm on Earhart Manor Patio
To accommodate those attending both Baccalaureate and Commencement, a luncheon will be provided at no cost to all attending the Baccalaureate service. Attending the luncheon? RSVP by April 5, 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org. “Reminder” emails have been sent to all “walking” graduates, indicating the RSVP deadline. You may also RSVP through the Academic Office (734-995-7586) by April 5, 2017.
Commencement- Sunday, May 14, 2016 at 2pm in the Field House
This ceremony recognizes the accomplishments of both undergraduate and graduate students. There are no tickets, so invite your guests to arrive early for the best seats.
This year graduate students will be hooded off stage. Two Deans will hood graduate students prior to the announcement of each graduate’s name. Please carry your hood with you and give it to the Dean prior to ascending the stage.
Call Photography will once again take photos of each student and other ceremony highlights. If family and friends also wish to take photographs, you may use the left, right, and center aisles behind the ushers & marshals.
Click here for the CALL Photography online check-in form. Bonus: Graduates who complete the online form will receive a 10% discount.
Undergraduate and graduate students will assemble between the Kreft building and Science building prior to the processional. Academic garb will be worn for the ceremony. Please plan to arrive early to pick up your name/photography card in the Kreft building. Remember to leave any valuables in your vehicle or with a family member.
In the case of inclement weather check your CUAA email after 1:00 pm for any final notices and instructions. If the weather will not allow a processional from the center of campus, students will assemble in the south end of the Field House (men’s locker room). Campus signage and ushers will be available to help direct you.
Special Needs Seating
Please request any special needs seating through the Academic Office (734-995-7586) by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2017. A separate section will be designated for special needs seating. Two guests are allowed to sit next to each special needs attendee.
Baccalaureate and Commencement Protocol
- Students and faculty will wear academic attire for both baccalaureate and commencement.
- NO air horns or other loud noisemakers will be permitted in the Chapel or Field House.
- Parents & friends may come to the left, right and center aisles to take pictures. However, you must remain behind the ushers and marshals.
- Graduates will receive only the diploma cover; your official diploma will be mailed at a later date.
Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate immediately after receiving their diplomas. Contact Call Photography (1-800-997-4980) if you do not receive your proof. If you do not wish to order, ignore the offer.
Concordia’s Spirit Store will be open from 12-2 PM on Saturday May 13th and Sunday May 14th. Be sure to stop by the Egg to purchase your CUAA gear!
Important Dates and Events
- Wednesday, April 5
- Last Day for MS Graduates to Order Academic Regalia online through Jostens
- Last Day to RSVP for Baccalaureate and the Baccalaureate Luncheon
RSVP to email@example.com
- Friday, May 5
- Last Day to Reserve Commencement Special Needs Seating
- Last Day to Reserve Commencement Special Needs Seating
- Friday, May 12
- 11:00 am Marshal Walk Through (Chapel/Field House)
- Senior Banquet
- Sunday, May 14
- 11:00 am Baccalaureate Service (Chapel of the Holy Trinity)
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm - Baccalaureate Luncheon (Earhart Manor Patio)
- 1:00 pm – Field House Opens for Commencement Seating
- 2:00 pm - Commencement (Field House)
- Baccalaureate Preacher: TBD
- Commencement Speaker: TBD
- Commencement Student TBD
For information about your graduation status/requirements, call the Registrar at 734-995-7413.
For information about baccalaureate or commencement, call the Academic Office at 734-995-7586.