At Concordia University Ann Arbor, the Career Engagement Team can be a tremendous resource in developing your career plan. We are here to assist you in taking career building steps that start in your first year and continue throughout your life. Here are some of the opportunities and resources we provide:
Self-assessment instruments are available to help you gain a better understanding of your true interests, values, skills, goals, and personality type. Other assessments can help you assess your strengths and values. Our Career Counselor is on hand to interpret these assessments for you to assist in your career development process.
Individualized Career Counseling
Sometimes students and parents appreciate the opportunity to sit down one-to-one with a Career Coach to discuss career options. Other issues typically discussed are:
- What major is best for me?
- Benefits of volunteerism/service learning
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Internship opportunities
- “Soft skill” development
- Job Search techniques
- Interviewing techniques
Professional Development Events
A variety of workshops are offered throughout each semester. Topics may include:
- How to gather references and letters of recommendations
- Prepare to Dress for Success/ Professional Etiquette
- Making the most of Career Fairs and Networking Events
- On-Campus Job Fairs
- Part-time Off Campus Job Fairs
View our calendar of events for more details.