FAFSA filing information

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application that notifies the Department of Education as well as Concordia that the student is interested in any Federal/State aid that they might be eligible for. This is the first step in receiving Financial Aid. The FAFSA requests tax information to evaluate eligibility (student and possibly parent).

Be sure to add Concordia to your FAFSA! CUAA's school code: 002247

In order to complete the FAFSA, you’ll first need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). As a dependent, undergraduate student, both you and your parent will need an ID. When creating an ID, keep in mind that information such as your email and personal information need to be kept separate.

Remember to document your username and password. The FSA ID is your universal ID for all Federal websites:

Federal loan requirements

If you are accepting your Federal Loans and as a first-time Federal loan borrower, you are required to complete both Federal Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note. You are able to complete both here.

Entrance Counseling

You can consider it your ‘first college course’. You will soon understand what a Direct Loan is, educational expenses, and your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. This should take approximately an hour to complete.

Master Promissory Note

Consider this a legally binding agreement between you and the Department of Education in regards to your Federal Loans. This should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

If you have further questions, please visit the Department of Education’s website.

Federal student aid information

You will find helpful links below to a number of Federal websites. We hope these websites help answer any questions you might have in regards to dependency, loans, FAFSA, and many more.