Travis graduated from CUAA in 2001 with a degree in Elementary Education. His years at Concordia were richly blessed. He played baseball for the Cardinals, served on the school senate, and most importantly met his amazing wife Lori.
During his years at Concordia, he also had the privilege to work at Wedgewood Christian Youth and Family Services, an adolescent home for troubled youth, on the campus of St. Joseph Hospital. Travis credits that experience as the most significant influence on his approach to teaching and leading.
Travis received his first call to Redeemer, Cuyahoga Falls, OH to serve as their 7th grade teacher. His lovely wife Lori was also serving at Redeemer teaching kindergarten. During his time as a teacher, Travis graduated from the synod’s educational leadership program (SLED). He accepted the role of principal at Redeemer in the 2007-08 school year.
Shortly after, he chose to enroll in Concordia University, Wisconsin; graduating with a Master’s degree in Administration in 2013. In 2013 he received the call to serve as Superintendent of the Ohio District Lutheran Schools.
Travis accepted that call and began working in the district office in July 2013. He currently works with the 60+ Lutheran schools throughout the Ohio District where he is blessed to serve each and every day.
Travis and Lori have three children of their own: Mallory (10), Elise (6), and Abigail (4). Hopefully, they will be future Concordia Cardinals one day!
To God be the glory for Travis' faithful service!
The Outstanding Alumnus Award honors graduates of Concordia for reflecting in their lives and careers the values upon which the university was founded.
To nominate an outstanding alumnus, fill out this form and send it to the CUAA Office of Advancement. The committee will consider your nomination in next year’s process.
Would you like to participate in the Outstanding Alumnus Award Committee? Contact us at email@example.com.
Past Outstanding Alumni
- 1985 Timothy E. Winter, ‘73
- 1986 Rev. Dr. Gilbert C. Meilaender, Jr., ‘66
- 1987 (Not Awarded)
- 1988 Rev. Michael S. Ruhl, '65
- 1989 Karen Kayser Kersten, '75
- 1990 Rev. Dr. Walter Warneck, '65
- 1991 Rev. Dr. Kittrell O. Moore, ‘66
- 1992 Rev. Dr. Kenneth Haugk, '65
- 1993 Rev. Dr. Dean W. Nadasdy, '67
- 1993 Julie Nielsen-Schmidt, '79
- 1994 Dr. Leslie J. Fyans Jr., '72
- 1995 Rev. Mark Patrick Braden, '88 (December Commencement)
- 1995 Dr. Peter Silzer, '70
- 1996 Catherine F. Lick, '68 (December Commencement)
- 1996 James Geyer, '73
- 1997 Rev. Jonathan B. Trinklein, '75
- 1998 Gary Quick, '65 (December Commencement)
- 1998 Ruth Koch, '65
- 1999 Dr. Martin Jean, '82
- 2000 Dr. Shirley Miske, '73
- 2001 Dr. Richard Luker, '81
- 2002 (Not Awarded)
- 2003 (Not Awarded)
- 2004 Dr. Elizabeth Birr-Moje, '83
- 2005 Chaplain, Capt. Matthew A. Boarts, '90
- 2006 Dr. Mark Looker, '71
- 2007 Dr. Manfred B. Boos, '68
- 2008 Rev. Wray A. Offermann, '67
- 2009 Donald Wharton, '72
- 2010 Rev. Dr. David P. E. Maier, '78
- 2011 Rev. Mark Brandt, ‘74
- 2012 Rev. Gregory Seltz, ‘82
- 2013 Rev. Dr. Paul R. Naumann, '80
- 2014 Mr. & Mrs. Andrew and Heidi Woell, '86
- 2015 Mrs. Judith Fischer Wollack, '74
- 2016 Travis Grulke, ‘01