A FAFSA MUST be completed each academic year. Once all the required information has been received, the financial aid application is complete. All financial aid information is reviewed, at which point an award package will be created. Within two to three weeks after a file is complete and the student has registered, a Financial Aid Award Notification will be sent. Aid is disbursed after the first week of the class that makes the student half-time has begun.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the financial aid office. We will be glad to assist you.
All forms needed for Financial Aid are available online through this website or at your Adult Education Center.
Grants - (non-repayable)
- Pell Grant - Federal grant based on financial need
- Employer Reimbursement: Please check with your employer.
- Federal Veterans Benefits: Certificates of Eligibility may be obtained from Federal Veteran Administration offices where the records are kept.
Loans - (must be repaid)
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan - Based on financial need and grade level. Interest paid by federal government while student is actively taking classes.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan - Additional loan source, interest begins accruing as soon as loan is disbursed.
- Alternative Student Loan - This is a loan in the student's name with a credit-worthy co-signer. These are a list of suggested alternative loan options available to you.
- E-Learning - Financial aid for E-Learning courses will include tuition only. No living expense money will be available in a term where only E-Learning courses are taken.
Additional information is available at your center and from the Financial Aid Office.