Financial Aid isn’t as complicated as it seems, especially when we’re here to help you along the way!
Your Financial Aid Responsibilities for the 2015-2016 school year:
- Apply for Admissions
- Complete your 2015-2016 FAFSA online at: FAFSA.gov. CUAA federal school code: 002247
- Church Work students should complete The LCMS DISTRICT FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION. Print, complete the application, have your Pastor sign it, and submit the completed application to the Financial Aid Office no later than March 15th.
- Be aware that one out of three applicants will be randomly selected for Federal Verification. If this is the case, you will be asked to complete a Verification Form, available online. You must complete and return this form with SIGNED copies of both the student's and parent's Federal Tax Return Transcripts. These can be obtained via the IRS, or by completing the IRS data retrieval process on your FAFSA. Aid cannot be awarded until this requirement is met
- Apply for outside scholarships from local, state, and national organizations
- Respond to any requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office
NOTE: STEPS 2-4 MUST BE COMPLETED NO LATER THAN MARCH 15th TO ENSURE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THESE FORMS IN THE MAIL.
Financial Aid Office Responsibilities:
- Determine your eligibility for a Pell Grant
- Determine your eligibility for a MI Tuition Grant (if you are a MI resident)
- Award scholarships that you have received
- Award CUAA grants for which you are eligible
- Indicate your eligibility for borrowing a Direct Federal Student Loan
- Determine your eligibility for a Federal Work Study