Who We Are
Fall 2017 will be the inaugural year for the Concordia University Cardinal Regiment Marching Band. The marching and pep bands are open to members of the CUAA community who play a band instrument or have experience in color guard. Scholarships of $2,000 are available to incoming students for participation in these groups.
Where We Perform
The Cardinal Regiment plays at all home football games. A smaller pep band made up of members of the marching band plays at selected men's and women's home basketball games, and the entire band travels to the annual Concordia Invitational Tournament each January.
When We Meet
The Cardinal Regiment will rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7:40 to 8:55 a.m.) each week during football season during the fall, on Friday afternoons from 4:10 to 6:00 p.m. on Game weekends, and on Saturday mornings on Game Days. An annual pre-season band camp will be held for at least one week in August to prepare for the marching season. Students should register for MUS 187 – Marching Band, which can be taken for 1 credit or audit.
CUAA Fight Song!
Drum Line/ Color Guard only:
- Monday, August 14 through Tuesday, August 15
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 14
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rookie Marching Fundamentals:
- Tuesday, August 15
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Full Marching Band:
- Wednesday, August 16 through Friday, August 18
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Marching Rehearsal
- 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Sectional Rehearsals
- 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Full Ensemble Music Rehearsals
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Marching Rehearsal (Not on Saturday)
- Saturday, August 19
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Marching Rehearsal
- 1 to 2:30 p.m. – Music Rehearsal
- 3 to 4:30 p.m. – Full Ensemble Rehearsal
- Monday, August 21 through Thursday, August 24
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Marching Rehearsal
2017-18 Football Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 23 - Home vs Robert Morris
Saturday, Sept. 30 - Home vs Lindenwood – Belleville (Homecoming)
Saturday, Oct. 21 - Home vs Marian (Recruiting Day)
Saturday, Oct. 28 - Home vs Taylor
Saturday, Nov. 11 - Home vs Siena Heights (Veterans’ Day)
Audition requirements for the Pep Band include performing the School Fight Song for the band director. Please contact Julie Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time or for additional information.
After February 18, please contact the music department to arrange an individual audition time.
Links to Audition MaterialFlute
Tenor Saxophone (Also use for Baritone Treble Clef)
Baritone (Bass Clef)