This evening, Governor Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued a new emergency order that enacts a three-week pause targeting indoor social gatherings and other group activities in an effort to curb rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rates.
Effective Wednesday, November 18, 2020 all colleges and universities statewide will shift to virtual instruction until the end of this semester. The order also restricts in-person extracurricular activities.
Faculty, you have already received an update this evening from the Provost’s Office outlining the steps to take as you transition your teaching entirely to a virtual experience starting Wednesday.
Staff, the Governor has asked that all who can work remotely do so. We ask that you work directly with your supervisor, as we have done throughout the pandemic, to ensure that all student-facing services are covered, while ensuring we prioritize low density workspaces.
Students are welcome to remain on campus during these weeks leading up to the Christmas and winter break. Residence halls will remain open and campus services will be available. Refunds will not be issued for those who elect not to remain in the residence halls.
Cardinals, together, we are experiencing truly challenging times. Your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. Truly, our faculty and staff -- each one of you -- are integral to the success of our mission. Thank you.
- Continue to monitor your health and stay home if not feeling well.
- Use the Daily Symptom Checker to report symptoms or exposure.
- Make use of the mental and physical health and well-being services available to you via Concordia Plan Services. Email Human.Resources@cuw.edu to help you get connected.
- Be intentional in reaching out to your colleagues.
- Pray. Pray for those affected and for the many struggling with the challenges of COVID-19.
Together, we can continue to live uncommon, united and hearts together, as a campus community.
Kimberly R Masenthin, MBA, SPHR
Assistant Vice President of Human Resources