Hey Concordia Cardinals!
The semester is moving along, though it may feel like a crawl to some of you and a sprint to others. Today we will highlight a change to our COVID masking policies and also celebrate some highlights we have had this semester.
Changes to our COVID policies:
Effective Saturday, February 12, masks will be required in classrooms and labs. In all other campus spaces, including the Chapel, the library, and the field house, masks are strongly recommended, but not required. The community is still encouraged to wear masks as they choose, but as of Saturday will only be required in classrooms and labs.
Celebrating some highlights:
Our Thursday emails have and will continue to focus on COVID and how the University plans to keep us all in person in our classes and co-curriculars. Sometimes it is hard to look past the challenges of our COVID policies. However, many exciting things are happening on our campus!
- The Kreft Arts Program and Black Student Union (BSU) present the Strolling Black History Exhibit in the Kreft Art Gallery. Please visit during the month of February.
- McKinley Schmitz was voted recently by our faculty as the CUAA Student of the Month.
- The Women’s Basketball team went 7-2 throughout January and have secured the opportunity to host a conference playoff game.
- The Men’s Hockey team picked up the sweep against #17 UM-Dearborn for their first wins over the Wolverines in program history and have had three Conference Players of the Week in the past two weeks.
The semester is off to a great start. As we continue, please be reminded of our simple COVID policies:
- As of Saturday, wear a mask when in classrooms and labs
- Complete the Daily Symptom tracker
Blessing to all of you as we conclude this week.
Rev Dr Ryan Peterson,
Vice President of Administration