Dear Concordia Cardinals – students, faculty, and staff,
As we continue through this first week of classes for the traditional spring semester, I continue to pray for your health and wholeness in every way: mind, body, and spirit. The One who created us, saved us, and lives in us IS indeed with us every step of the way. Be confident in Christ, who is first in everything (our school motto from Colossians 1:18).
Thank you for taking a moment to read this “Quick CUAA update.” I began sending out these updates in the fall semester and will continue to send throughout this spring.
COVID by the numbers – 01-28-21
- 2 positive active cases (1 student + 1 employee) connected to our campus community (this number is updated each morning on our website).
- NO students who have tested positive are in our residence halls.
- 8 students are in quarantine; all are quarantining off campus either at home or in their off campus living situation.
- Support and honor one another, whether virtually or safely in person. As our co-curriculars begin again, we have the opportunity to be each other’s biggest fans, all while ensuring safety. We continue to wear masks and maintain distancing. But we do have limited capacity for some of our athletic competitions. We recently updated our spectator policy that will take effective starting this Saturday for the basketball games as well as the cheer and dance comps. Here is the direct link to the spectator policy. As always, stay up to date on all events by reading The Current e-newsletters on Mondays and checking the campus events at cuaa.edu/events.
- Res Hall Visitor Policy: We are moving forward with the Guest Policy for the Spring semester. Residents, please connect with your RA for the necessary paperwork and approval process prior to allowing a guest into your room. This policy allows for ONLY one Concordia affiliate to be in a room at a time.
- Questions about billing? Visit the Business Office in the Student Services Center. Or, connect with the appropriate person below:
- DELICATE/URGENT SITUATIONS: Jackie.Glynn@cuw.edu | (262) 243- 4215)
- STUDENTS A – I: Julie.Birschbach@cuw.edu | (262) 243-4556
- STUDENTS J – R and Michigan Education Trust Students: Vicki.Ravanelli@cuw.edu | (262) 243-4352
- STUDENT S – Z: Michelle.FarrisBaumgarten@cuw.edu | (262) 243-4360
- Let’s be clean! Faculty and staff: as a reminder, please empty your office trash daily in the large bins located in your building’s hallway.
- AND – continue to fill out your Daily Symptom Tracker – every day!
With gratitude to be on mission with you,
Rev. Dr. Ryan Peterson,
Vice President of Administration,
Office of the President