Dear Concordia students, faculty, and staff,
There is a word that stuck out to me this morning as I did my daily Bible reading. I’m currently in the book of Deuteronomy. The word? REMEMBER. Like you, I remember many of the first days of the shutdown caused by COVID one year ago.
But this section of Scripture called the Israelites and now calls us to remember God’s faithfulness, His provision, and His prior actions. He cares, He provides, He sustains, and He alone saves through His Son Jesus. Remember that on this Monday!
Thank you for taking a moment to read this “Quick CUAA COVID update.” Communication is always key, and I pray this information is helpful to you as a part of our Concordia community.
COVID by the numbers – 03-15-21
- 3 positive active cases (3 students + 0 employee) connected to our campus community (this number is updated each morning on our website).
- NO students who have tested positive are in our residence halls.
- 1 student is in quarantine.
On-campus antigen testing available for you!
- The state of Michigan is emphasizing a push toward antigen testing, as it is inexpensive, fast, and convenient. It also has a high level of specificity. We now have it available on campus, free, for all students, faculty, and staff. This rapid test is a self-administered nasal swab, where test results are made available in 10-15 minutes. This will add to our COVID mitigation strategies.
- Want to get tested? You can sign up to get tested here. Please note: you must make an appointment and bring your photo I.D. Scheduled testing is available between 12:30pm and 1:30pm Monday-Friday in the Fieldhouse. Testing begins on Tuesday, March 16!
- Please – continue to fill out your Daily Symptom Tracker – every day! Many places around campus require evidence of the green circle.
Have a great start to the week. I’m grateful for each of you!
Rev Dr Ryan Peterson
Vice President of Administration
Office of the President