Dear Concordia Cardinals – students, faculty, and staff,
Happy Friday! We’re nearing the completion of week 6, and many of you are probably feeling that. Let’s continue to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, encouraging one another, and supporting each other through this Spring semester.
Thank you for taking a moment to read this “Quick CUAA update.” I hope these quick notes are helpful to you!
COVID by the numbers – 03-05-21
- 2 positive active cases (2 students + 0 employee) connected to our campus community (this number is updated each morning on our website).
- NO students who have tested positive are in our residence halls.
- 9 students are in quarantine.
- R&R Days next week, March 9-10: As you know, we have eliminated spring break this semester. There are two remaining “breaks” in the semester, beginning with the March 9 and 10 R&R break, where most classes are cancelled those days. Check your individual course syllabi for your instructors’ directions. The second break is a university one, Easter break. That break schedule has not been changed.
- Vaccine availability: Each state is handling its distribution differently. In Michigan, the higher education sector (with some exceptions) is not eligible to receive COVID vaccines. As many are aware, K-12 educators are eligible. This is different than our colleagues in Wisconsin, who have been able to receive the vaccine. As a part of the Michigan Independent Colleges and Universities (MICU), we have been lobbying for access as soon as possible. Please know I will keep the campus community updated with information as it becomes available.
- AND – continue to fill out your Daily Symptom Tracker – every day! Many places around campus require evidence of the green circle.
God’s peace to you,
Rev Dr Ryan Peterson
Vice President of Administration
Office of the President