The theatre program is an integral part of the Kreft Fine Arts Program. Shows, classes, collaborations with other departments and work study positions offer a wide variety of opportunities for participation.
The Kreft Black Box Theatre
The Kreft Black Box Theatre is a 60’x60’ flexible performance space that hosts two theatre productions, multiple concerts, guest speakers, receptions, and other activities every year.
- A sound control system that features a 80+ channel Allen and Heath digital mixer and snake.
- Support and communications equipment capable of producing musicals.
- Lighting equipment that includes a Leprechaun light board, complete catwalk access to all lighting positions, ninety-six circuits, over 100 instruments, a computer controlled projection system and a variety of special effects.
- Scene shop that offers storage, construction and painting facilities to produce fully realized scenic environments.
- Costume and properties labs that contain hundreds of pieces of period and contemporary stock, including costumes for the annual Boar’s Head Festival.
- Male and female dressing rooms.
Learn more about the Theatre Department by navigating to the Theatre Department page here.
Fall Semester Theatre Department Production:
Anne of Green Gables, adapted by R.N. Sandberg
In this faithful adaptation of the novel by Lucy Maude Montgomery, Marilla Cuthbert and her brother Matthew request an orphan boy to help work their modest farm. To their surprise, they are sent a precocious, red headed girl. Despite the many challenges she presents, Anne quickly endears herself through her charming and irrepressible spirit.
Performances: Oct. 12-15
Tickets: $10 general, $5 students/seniors
Concordia students and staff free