Program begins seated at the Ann Arbor campus, January 6th, 2018.
Course offerings and multiple clinical experiences in the Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction with an Early Childhood ZS (General and Special Education) Endorsement will provide the candidate with comprehensive knowledge and understandings of the unique content, philosophy and pedagogy related to teaching young children in developmentally appropriate ways.
Candidates completing the Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction with an Early Childhood ZS (General and Special Education) Endorsement will be highly qualified to teach in any early childhood setting, including such programs as Head Start programs, GSRP or other government funded programs. Graduates will be highly qualified to teach in public or private child care orientated businesses, such as Lutheran Child Care settings affiliated with schools and/or churches.
Through this program, candidates carry out their mission to “serve others in caring, helpful, respectful, and knowledgeable ways” (Concordia Mission Statement, in part). Teachers are trained to work with all families and children through servant leadership in the Church and communities across the nation in a Christ-like way.
Program Certification: The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Program Recognition
Early Childhood Education Coordinator
“Concordia University Ann Arbor creates a warm, safe, environment for student learning and development. I’m proud to coordinate a program that has over 90% job placement of our graduates in their field within 6 months. Really our goal as early childhood education teachers is to be a positive impact in a child’s life—what’s more important than that?”
Credit hours required: 32
CUAA’s MS in Curriculum & Instruction (MSCI) teaches you the skills needed to improve the quality and effectiveness of instructional curriculum and assessment. MSCI courses are aligned with the Michigan Curriculum Framework and Grade Level Content Expectations.
- Early Childhood Education Specialist
- Pre-school worker
School of Education Highlights
- Nationally accredited School of Education dedicated to your intellectual, social, and spiritual growth
- Hands-on experience beginning with your very first course
- All courses offered in a convenient eight-week format
- Personalized instruction that has an immediate impact in the schools you serve
- Instructors with extensive experience
- Real-world skills for addressing student needs
- 25% tuition discount for school teachers/administrators working in a Christian school
- 24% tuition discount for school teachers/administrators working in Preferred Educational Partnership schools
Concordia University is accredited by:
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- The Higher Learning Commission
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South La Salle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413