CUAA’s Finance concentration prepares you to plan, manage, and analyze financial performance in organizations across every industry. You’ll gain insight into how financial markets perform and how to manage financial risk. A career in finance can take you from security sales and financial planning to investment banking and international finance.
The CUAA Advantage
A CUAA degree in Finance offers you:
- Faculty who are connected to the business world and eager to help you succeed
- Mandatory internships that empower you to take academic theory into the workplace
- A Business Scholars program that offers qualified freshman an opportunity to earn an undergraduate and master’s degree in just four years
- Small class sizes and individual attention
- A program that integrates Christian faith and business ethics
- Practical applications that translate directly to post-graduation jobs
Years to complete: 4
Job placement rate: 97%
The best way to learn is by doing. CUAA Finance majors complete a mandatory internship where liberal arts, general business, and finance classes are translated into hands-on experience.
CUAA’s Finance program will teach you how to:
- Understand and apply basic principles of financial planning, capital budgeting and asset valuation
- Select and manage stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and derivatives and understand the markets in which they are traded
- Approach investment decision-making from an analytical perspective
- Intelligently solve practical business problems
- Examine the role of international financial management and multinational corporations
- Analyze macroeconomic crises in history and whether or not they could be avoided
- Explore the causes and consequences of globalization, the international monetary system, and the costs and benefits of international trade and foreign investment
- Corporate finance
- Commercial banking
- Investment banking
- Financial advising
- Portfolio or mutual fund management
- Trust operations Career Connection Financial Analysts Looking for an Internship?
CUAA’s MBA program includes a concentration in Finance along with 10 other areas of study.
Coursework includes classes in Corporate Finance, International Economics, Basic Investing, and the Principles of Finance. See our course catalog for a complete class listing.
- Computer Science
Recommended High School Prep
- Social Studies