CUAA’s Hospitality and Event Management program prepares you to manage and direct hospitality and event operations. From the behind-the-scenes action to the main stage events, you’ll learn how to run trade shows, exhibitions, conventions and conferences. This exciting profession places you at the center of industries like travel and tourism, hotel and lodging, food services, and recreation facilities.
The CUAA Advantage
A CUAA degree in Hospitality and Event Management offers you:
- Classes taught by experienced business professionals whose primary goal is to ensure academic excellence and student success
- Internships that combine classroom theory with real-world application
- Close proximity to Detroit restaurants, hotels and conference centers
- Small class sizes and individual attention
- An emphasis on servant leadership
- An education that combines Christian values with practical coursework
- The foundation for a lifetime of success
Years to complete: 4
CUAA Hospitality and Event Management majors complete a core liberal arts curriculum, general business courses through the Haab School of Business, and a comprehensive collection of HEM-specific classes that range from contemporary leadership to concession management.
Our Hospitality and Event Management program challenges you to:
- Apply industry standards for planning, implementing, evaluating and managing conventions, trade shows, exhibitions, and conferences
- Test and analyze hypothetical events and case studies
- Understand sponsorship and licensing agreements
- Learn the food, beverage, merchandising, and vendor-relations side of hospitality and event management
- Build financial management skills in budgeting, profit margins, cost of goods sold and inventory
- Promote and market events through public relations and social media
- Conference and trade show management
- Festival organization
- Travel and tourism operations
- Dining and lodging management
- Casino management
- Visitor’s bureau management
- Convention and event planning
Catering Career Connection Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
Looking for an Internship?
CUAA’s MBA program includes concentrations in 11 areas of study that range from Corporate Communication to Risk Management.
CUAA Hospitality and Event Management majors study event management, public relations and social media, vendor management, and ceremony management. HEM majors also complete CUAA’s liberal arts curriculum and the core business curriculum required by the HAAB School of Business. Please see our course catalog for a full class listing.
- Human Resource Management
- General Business
Recommended High School Prep
- Social Studies
- Lab Science
- Foreign Language