Applying for benefits

  • All VA students must file an application with the VA when they begin school
  • Students who haven’t received VA benefits before must file an original application
  • Students who have received VA benefits must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

Apply for Benefits Online

For information about the different types of military education benefits you may be eligible for, check out the Comparison Tool/Payment Rates page of the VA website.

Concordia University Ann Arbor participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

Student responsibilities

Submit your application for benefits. Once approved, you will receive a Letter of Eligibility from the VA. Please mail, fax, or deliver in person a copy of your LoE to Concordia’s VA Certifying Official (located in the Registrar’s Office).

Apply and upon acceptance enroll in classes at Concordia University. On a monthly basis, you should verify your enrollment with the VA Certifying Official to ensure accurate disbursement of benefits. Any changes you make to your schedule during the semester (adding, dropping, withdrawal) must be reported, along with earned grades of “F” or “NC” (no credit). Notice of changes to enrollment may be sent by e-mail.

Make sure that the mailing address and direct deposit information the VA has for you is accurate and up-to-date. You can do this using the WAVE system online, or by calling 1-877-838-2778.

It is also advisable to maintain a personal file folder of your education benefits related documents.

Policy on deployment

What happens if you’re called up for duty mid-semester? Concordia’s policy on deployment is to drop the charges for your semester, so that you can serve without worrying about financial hang-ups back home.

VA certifying official

The School Certifying Official for students attending the Ann Arbor Campus in Michigan is:

Bryant Lepic

Helpful Resources
Call: 1-800-MICH VET
Text your benefits questions or download the app: