A company’s employees are its most valuable resource. CUAA’s Human Resource Management teaches you how to staff and maintain an organization’s workforce. You’ll study how human behavior, staffing practices, compensation, training, and benefits impact company effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
The CUAA Advantage
A CUAA in Human Resource Management offers you:
- Tools to achieve personal and professional growth and encourage that growth in others
- Coursework that combines business insight, communication skills and ethical values
- Classes taught by experienced business professionals whose primary goal is to ensure academic excellence and student success
- On-campus activities to build leadership skills that translate into the business world
- Small class sizes and individual attention
- The foundation for a lifetime of success and achievement
- Ethical values that strengthen leadership skills
Human Resource Management (HRM) is a great complement to any major that involves managing an organization’s workforce, especially if you like working with people and helping individuals reach their goals.
CUAA’s HRM minor will teach you about:
- Employee compensation structures, systems and benefit plans
- Training, employee development and the design and evaluation of training programs
- Building and maintaining an organization’s human resource function including job analysis, employee recruitment, retention, and performance management
- The legal and ethical issues facing management today
- Employment law and the American legal system
- Business writing and how to communicate professionally
Human resource professionals can be found in every industry and type of organization. Career opportunities include:
- Corporate HR departments
- Employment agencies
- Executive search firms
- Compensation consulting
- Office management
- Benefits administration
Career Connection Human Resource Specialist
Looking for an Internship?
- Hospitality and Event Management
The curriculum for our HRM minor includes coursework in interviewing, conflict management, compensation and benefits, business writing, and business law. See our course catalog for a complete class listing.
CUAA’s MBA program includes a concentration in Human Resource Management along with 10 other areas of study.