CUAA’s Sport and Entertainment Business program is one of the fastest growing programs in the Haab School of Business. Whether you want to pursue a career as an athletic director, entertainment administrator, or talent agent, our program equips you with the experiences you need – both inside and outside the classroom – to break into this exciting, competitive industry.
The CUAA Advantage
Our degree in Sport and Entertainment Business offers you:
- Valuable hands-on industry experience before you graduate and enter the workforce
- A broad curriculum ranging from facility design to public relations
- 19 NAIA division sports on campus
- Close proximity to Detroit’s professional sports teams and entertainment venues
- Small class sizes that ensure individual attention and professors who know you by name
- Classroom simulations, not just textbook learning
- Internships that offer real-world business experience in your area of interest
Years to complete: 4
CUAA Sport and Entertainment Business (SEB) majors complete our business core curriculum, our liberal arts curriculum, and extensive SEB coursework, all with the goal of preparing you to quickly make a contribution in your chosen field upon graduation.
Our SEB program covers a lot of ground. We’ll teach you how to:
- Budget, plan, staff and market sport and entertainment events
- Manage the flow of information between people, organizations, and the public
- Use social media as a tool for public relations, community relations, media relations and marketing efforts
- Design and manage recreation and sport facilities including site selection, layout, maintenance, staffing, and risk management
- Understand the impact interscholastic, intercollegiate, and professional sports have on society, the recreation industry, and the economy
- Prepare for interviewing, networking and finding a job in the SEB field
- Apply marketing principles like market segmentation and brand activation to the SEB industry
- Athletic Director
- National college association administrator
- Athletic organization manager
- Talent agent
- Entertainment administrator
- Career Connection Coaches and Scouts Looking for an Internship?
- Advanced Degrees
- CUAA’s MBA program offers 11 concentrations, including Management, Marketing, and International Business.
Our SEM curriculum includes coursework in athletic facility and program management, sport economics and finance, sport and entertainment marketing, public relations, social media, and facility design. See our course catalog for a complete class listing.
Recommended High School Prep
- Lab Science
- Social Studies
- Foreign Language