Good morning Concordia Cardinals,
God’s peace to each of you. I’m praying for you as you continue to study, learn, prepare, practice, and pursue your goals this spring semester. By God’s grace, together we will be an uncommon people for a world that so desperately needs your uncommon influence.
This “Quick CUAA COVID update” is filled with important and timely information as we continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on our campus and in our community. Please read it carefully and as always, let me know if you have any questions.
COVID by the numbers – 03-26-21
- 6 positive active cases (6 students + 0 employees) connected to our campus community (this number is updated each morning on our website).
- 13 students are in quarantine.
Key highlights to share:
- The state of Michigan, including SE Michigan, is experiencing an uptick in COVID-19 cases. Continue to follow our COVID Conscious protocols, including use of the Daily Symptom Tracker, the wearing of masks, and appropriate distancing.
- We have on-campus rapid antigen testing available! As you look ahead to next week and weekend, especially if you are traveling home for Easter weekend, I encourage you to consider this option. Registration is required. Click here to sign up for a time slot.
- Vaccine update: In Michigan, beginning April 5, everyone 16 years old and up will be eligible for a vaccine. We have submitted requests to the Washtenaw County Health Department and also to Rite Aid for Concordia to be a vaccine clinic site, but have not heard back details of when or how that might occur. I will keep you updated. We encourage you to consider various vaccine options, including through your primary care physician.
- For Students - who to contact when feeling sick: Remember, if you’re not a student-athlete, contact email@example.com or call 734-995-7395; and if you’re a student-athlete, contact your AT if you’re not feeling well.
Be well and be safe, Cardinals. I am so honored to serve you every day.
Rev Dr Ryan Peterson
Vice President of Administration
Office of the President