Dear Concordia Cardinals,
God’s peace to each of you. In these seasons of dramatic change, my heart has already been stirred by our campus theme for the upcoming academic year: Unchanging, based on Hebrews 13:8. Indeed, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!
The purpose of this email is to give you the latest information related to return-to-work. As you know, Governor Whitmer has signed many executive orders and the Washtenaw Health Officer issued several orders as well, which articulate certain steps to carry out in support of the executive orders. These steps are designed to limit exposure within the community and protect the individuals that will be coming to campus to work. In summary, the executive orders states that 1) we must screen employees reporting to work on campus, 2) develop/implement a COVID-19 plan, 3) assign an entry way for employees to come to their workspace to, and 4) provide a cloth, non-medical grade face covering. We are committed to each of these four steps.
Please note these specifics:
- Familiarize yourself with the Uncommon Return plan. As a reminder, it is located on the employee tab of the portal.
- Our return to campus is a phased approach. Though the stay at home EO has expired, we are continuing to exercise great care and concern for all. If you can adequately continue remote work, please do!
- When you do come to campus, you must complete this form: Covid-19 Questionnaire
- Because we have non-attached buildings on campus we ask that each of you utilize the doorway to your office location for your building and continue to use the same doorway each time you come onto site. To limit virus transmission and best maintain social-distance, employees shall use the right-most door when entering a building or office and shall stay to the far right when walking in the hallway.
- One of the orders requires the employer (Concordia University) to provide a cloth, non-medical grade face covering to all workers who perform in-person work on campus. Therefore, the next time you arrive to campus, you must pick up your face covering from the Campus Safety office if you have not already done so or do not have your own. Thank you for your cooperation.
As always, please let me or Human Resources know if you have any questions.
With gratitude for each of you,
Rev. Dr. Ryan Peterson
Vice President of Administration
Office of the President