Sometimes things happen and you need to change your plans. We wish you all the best and hope your future is a bright and successful one.

Withdrawing from CUAA before the first day of class

If you are a first time new student to Concordia University Ann Arbor and are unable to enroll prior to the first day of classes, please contact the Admission Office at 734-995-7505.

Withdrawing from CUAA after classes have begun

If you begin classes at CUAA and need to withdraw entirely from the university, all courses, housing, etc. you will need to:

  • Notify the Registrar’s Office by calling 734-995-7413 or emailing
  • Complete a withdraw form and survey

Withdrawing from courses

If you need to withdraw from one or more courses but remain above full time status (12 credit hours) you may work with your Academic Advisor and the Registrar's Office to complete this process.

  • Complete a Drop Form through the Office of the Registrar
  • If a withdrawal is not made through the Office of the Registrar, a failing grade will be recorded for the affected course(s)
  • Withdrawals may be made without penalty within the first half of a term (please see the current Academic Catalog for current dates)
  • After the beginning of the tenth week of a semester or the second half of a summer session, withdrawals are reported with a grade of WF (Withdraw Fail)
  • Exceptions may be made for withdrawals due to extenuating circumstances such as illness or some other unavoidable occurrence by working with the Professor and Coordinator of Academic Operations

Any questions about withdrawing from the university may be directed to the Registrar’s Office 734-995-7413