There are a variety of resources and options that will support any member of the campus community who experiences gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, other sexual misconduct, or who have been documented for a violation of the University sexual misconduct policy. These resources are available regardless of whether a report or complaint is filed.

If you have been a victim of sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating or domestic violence, stalking, or any other form of sex discrimination and wish to talk with someone in a confidential manner, a number of individuals are available to you. A Title IX Coordinator can also assist you in connecting with one of the Confidential Resources. Also, if you have been accused of violating the Sexual Misconduct policy and wish to talk with someone in confidence, this resource is also available to you and a Title IX Coordinator can assist you in connecting with one of the Confidential Resources.

Community resources

The Title IX Staff can assist you in making any connections with the community resources below.

Police Departments

Call 911 for Police emergency assistance

Ann Arbor Police Department
301 E Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone: (734) 994-2911 (non-emergency)

Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department
2201 Hogback Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone: (262) 377-7172 (non-emergency)

National Sexual Assault Hotline

Free, confidential counseling 24 hours a day - As a national service organization, they can help connect you to local providers.

Phone: 1-800-656– HOPE

Sexual Assault Treatment Center

St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
5301 McAuley Drive, Ypsilant, MI 48197
Phone: (734) 712-3456

Crisis Centers

SafeHouse Center
4100 Clark Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone: (734) 995-5444

  • Provides support for those impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault
  • Free and confidential services
  • Emergency shelter for those in danger of being hurt or killed
  • Counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and especially, hope
Legal Advice

The reporting party and/or the responding may wish to consult with an attorney. The State Bar of Michigan is a resource to consider when looking for legal advice.

Michael Franck Building
306 Townsend St., Lansing, MI 48933-2012
Phone: (517) 346-6300

Questions can also be addressed to:

U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights
500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL.

Phone: (312) 730-1560

Training resources