CAPS believes in a comprehensive care model – that is, we believe in seeing the whole person, not just a part of them, and helping connect them with support they need. So, while we specialize in mental health care, we want to help people access other types of services as well.

Emergency: If you are experiencing uncontrollable suicidal thoughts or urges and/or any other physical or psychological emergency, please click here for a list of emergency resources.

CUAA Resources

CUAA has many resources for students:

Academic Advising

Each student has an academic advisor, whose goal is to help you establish educational goals, navigate coursework, and tackle any obstacles that may come up. Whether it’s what to study, how to put together a schedule, or difficulties in a class, your academic advisor can provide support.

Academic Resource Center (ARC)
(734) 995-7460
Zimmerman Library, 1st Floor; North Building, Room 125

The Academic Resource Center provides free services, programs, and supports for all CUAA students so they can grow into independent learners and adjust to life as a college student. This includes but is not limited to tutoring and academic coaching, writing and math specialized support, collegiate study skills, as well as accommodations for students with a disability and/or medical condition. 

Campus Safety
(734) 358-1340 (cell phone) | (734) 995-7502 (office phone)
Student Services Building, Room 114; North Building, Room 120

Campus Safety can support you in many ways, like reporting a crime (including anonymously), registering your car, providing timely warnings about serious incidents in our community, and helping make sure you’re safe on campus, whether in the dorms, your job, your classes, or anywhere else.

Office of Multicultural Engagement
(734) 995-7358
Student Services Building, Room 117

The Office of Multicultural Engagement offers support to students who may be struggling with mixed messages they receive when dealing with the issues of race and diversity in their own communities. OME serves as an advocate and mentor to students from underrepresented populations.

Pastoral Care
(734) 995-7328
Student Services Building, Room 136

Whether you want to get involved in student ministry, discuss (and maybe wrestle with) your faith, learn more about God, or just to receive wisdom and prayer, our campus pastor is more than happy to connect with you.

Residence Life
(734) 995-7342
Student Services Building, Room 109

Whether you need housing accommodations, support with navigating roommate conflicts, or any other issue that may arise related to housing, Residence Life wants to support you. Connect with your RA as a first step.

Community Therapists and Local Resources

While CAPS wants to support as many CUAA students as possible, sometimes the most appropriate connection for care is with a community provider. This list includes some options for therapists and counselors, as well as psychiatrists.

Note: Concordia University Ann Arbor Counseling and Psychological Services (CUAA CAPS) does not endorse any of these clinics or practices. We simply wanted to provide a list of community providers who students could seek out for care.

Counselors and Therapists 

Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw - Behavioral Health Services
(734) 971-9781 |
Virtual | In-person

Deepwater Counseling
3150 Packard St., Ypsilanti MI 48197
(734) 203-0183 |
Virtual | In-person

Integrated Counseling, PLLC
2311 E Stadium Blvd 105 South #3, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 531-9839
In-person | Virtual in special cases

Lyon Counseling Center
2200 Green Rd, Suite N, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(810) 206-2533 |
Virtual | In-person

Plymouth Mental Health - Ann Arbor
2020 Hogback Road, Ste 12, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 674-7579 |
Virtual | In-person

East to West Psychotherapy
916 Fuller Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 203-0938 |
Virtual | In-person


Ann Arbor Psych
2500 Packard St., Suite 104A, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 707-1052
Virtual appointments only
Must be a Michigan resident

Dorothy Gotlib, M.D. PLLC
The Pretzel Building
120 East Liberty St., Suite 360, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (Main entrance on S Fourth Ave)
(734) 821-3226 |
Virtual | In-person

National Resources

Here are some resources available to anyone in the US:

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

988, or 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK)

The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States.

Crisis Text Line

Text HOME to 741741

Crisis Text Line is there for any crisis. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds from their secure online platform. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a “hot moment” to a “cool moment.”

RAINN: National Sexual Assault Hotline

1-800-656-4673 (1-800-656-HOPE)

RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization. It operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.

SAMHSA National Helpline

1-800-662-4357 (1-800-662-HELP)

SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) maintains a confidential, free, 24/7 English and Spanish information service for people facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.